what's happening in town

for those people who are far from civilisation

Wednesday, May 18, 2005

JI adventures

I wanted to post a picture of ICES -- yes, INSIDE Jurong Island -- but I don't know whether that is allowed. At the police checkpoint today, because we were lugging in huge boxes of equipment, they asked what was inside. No, actually, specifically, they asked: "Any cameras?" No. "Okay, you can go." If I post pictures, will they confiscate my phone?

I don't get it. Only cameras are banned from JI? So bombs can bring?

I got to see Jansen for like five seconds before I had to run off, hur hur, sorry Jansen. But what's even more exciting is that I got to eat cake! :) I thought one year anniversary -- ICES so young -- but it was their one year anniversary since moving to Jurong Island. I bet it's just an excuse to have buffet lunch right?

Who else is on Jurong Island, and who else is in ICES (apart from Mr & Mrs Jansen, and Jingze)? :p I will be there at least for Thursday and Friday, but dunno if have time for lunch. :( Wah this is so fun. Island leh. So exotic! So lomantik!

6 Comments:

  • At 20/5/05 13:04, Blogger jeanne said…

    "so lomantic"

    mei ling is fa-ing hua chi lately.. hmm...

     
  • At 21/5/05 16:09, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am not fa-ing any chi. (But there is a cute guy at the lab. Shhh!) :D But JI is very boring. Nothing to see, nothing to eat, and barren land all around.

     
  • At 21/5/05 20:12, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    At the lab lab lah, not COMPUTER lab. And he is very cute okay. Okay, but maybe not as cute as Edison.

     
  • At 21/5/05 22:11, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Erm... oops. So you all really don't think the pirated one is cute ah???

     
  • At 22/5/05 14:18, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ha... no food den wat the pple eat for lunch there? drive out to eat?

     
  • At 23/5/05 03:56, Blogger jeanne said…

    when u say JI i keep thinking JI as in the terrorist group.. can we please use Jurong Island? :|

     

Post a Comment

<< Home